18 April 2008

But I Know They Love Me...

Last year's September implosion, losing to the Cardinals in the playoffs the two years prior, losing every World Series game I've ever seen them play. Not to mention the year we had the worst record in the league. Then last night's six and a half hour marathon lost on two throwing errors in the 22nd inning. To the Rockies, of all teams. Goddamn it Padres. I don't want to make light of domestic abuse, but that's what it feels like sometimes. Because I'll stay loyal to them. No matter how many disappointments and close losses and blown saves the Padres give me, I still keep coming back. Today I'm wearing my worn-out freebie Padres cap, waiting until tonight when I can stay up until midnight again watching them play the Diamondbacks. Great pitching, and no run support, I'm sure. They abuse me, but I'll always love them.




Except for Kouzmanoff. Fuck that guy.

No comments: