10 April 2008

Blogosphere, Take 2

I'm following in my brother's footsteps and creating a blog. I used to have a Livejournal account, but my updates were far and few between. And that's probably how this will turn out. I had put off starting a new blog for a long time, but something happened today that forced me to create somewhere to vent. I can't even write about it now because I'm still angry. So for now, just an introduction.

This blog will be random musings. Anything from philosophy to religion to why the Dodgers suck. To get a taste of where I'm coming from, check out the following links:

The Skeptic's Guide to the Universe


This is a weekly podcast put on by the New England Skeptical Society. It covers everything from creationism to alien abductions and is one of my favorite podcasts. I'm slowly working backwards through all 141 episodes, and I highly, HIGHLY recommend it.

Penn Says

This is a video blog put on by Penn Jillette of Penn & Teller fame. He is my idol. If you have Netflix or Youtube, look for episodes of P&T's Bullshit!. These are a prerequisite for arguing with me.

Quackwatch

Similar to The Skeptic's Guide, this is your one-stop shop for all things pseudoscience. It, too, is a prerequisite for arguing with me.

Last.fm

This is a site which keeps track of your music. Download their player and it will automatically update your profile every time you listen to a song on iTunes or WMP. It then makes recommendations, with several free music downloads.

Cectic

A skeptical comic strip. Excellent satire.

That's all for now. I'll try to update more regularly, but until then, check out the links above. Feel free to comment. It lets me know that people are listening.

1 comment:

42towels said...

Wow, I've seen all of those things, and only two were recommended by you. I think I'm doing well.