27 May 2008

The Mighty Titans

As some of you know, I'm a big Titans fan. I have no real reason to cheer for them, I've never lived in Tennessee. I liked them when they were the Oilers and the league underdogs, so I just stuck with them (who else am I going to cheer for? The Chargers?). I was reading an article about Vince Young, the Titan's quarterback, where he talked about how he almost quit the NFL after his first year. He had a lot of off-field problems, but, as he says,
"I really thought long and hard about it. There was so much going on with my family. It was crazy being an NFL quarterback. It wasn't fun anymore. All of the fun was out of it. All of the excitement was gone. All I was doing was worrying about things. . . My teammates helped lift me out of it. I prayed really hard. And I began to focus on God's calling for me. Play football. Be a role model."
I guess now would be the wrong time to link to these photos. Hey, he's my role model. He can handle his Jack.

1 comment:

42towels said...

Jesus had wine for blood, he's obviously just following in those footsteps.