20 July 2008

The Dark Knight

I didn't want to see this movie. I don't like any Batman movies I've seen, I don't like superhero movies in general, and I don't like Christian Bale. But I was drawn into the theater with promises of Claim Jumper afterward. So here's my take on the movie.

Heath Ledger: Awesome
Aaron Eckhart: Fucking awesome (altough his two-face, while anatomically correct, would be unable to pronounce any words correctly)
Christian Bale: WHAT THE FUCK? Seriously, watching him act is just sad. He isn't too bad as Bruce Wayne. Sort of like Keaunu Reeves, you'll let his clueless stare and monotone voice slide once or twice. But when he puts on the bat suit and uses his deep "scary" voice, you can't help but laugh through the whole movie. You, Christian Bale, are an embarrassment to the already embarrassing superhero genre.

2 comments:

42towels said...

I got back from seeing it about two hours ago. I think it's impossible for me to dislike any film directed by Christopher Nolan, so it's obvious that I have a great deal of bias toward this movie.
But I agree pretty much with what you said. Amazing performances all around... except from Christian Bale. his deep Batman voice was laughable, as was the rest of his performance.
But I think he was more overshadowed by the other extremely good acts in the movie. I don't like many of his movies, but after seeing American Psycho the other day, it's hard to call him a bad actor.

iamthebrillo said...

Want an easy way to call him a bad actor? Rent Rescue Dawn. It was like watching a circus...