01 August 2008

Moons Over My Hammy

I don't mean to steal everything from Sharon's LiveJournal, but I had to post this. Here's the actual forum topic for background. Basically, some Christians believe that the moon emits its own light (like the sun) rather than reflecting the light from the sun, because it says so in the Bible:

Isaiah 30:26 Moreover the light of the moon shall be as the light of the sun, and the light of the sun shall be sevenfold, as the light of seven days, in the day that the LORD bindeth up the breach of his people, and healeth the stroke of their wound.

That's not enough for you? What about these passages:

Isaiah 13:10 For the stars of heaven and the constellations thereof shall not give their light: the sun shall be darkened in his going forth, and the moon shall not cause her light to shine.

Ezekiel 32:7 And when I shall put thee out, I will cover the heaven, and make the stars thereof dark; I will cover the sun with a cloud, and the moon shall not give her light.

Mathew: 24:29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken.

Mark 13:24 But in those days, after that tribulation, the sun shall be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light,

Reading this makes me feel like I have a brain freeze...

1 comment:

42towels said...

My eyes hurt. I had to reread her journal entry about five times to make sure I was actually reading it correctly.