01 May 2009

No God. Truth? Sham.

  • I wonder how many crossbow deaths there were in Wisconsin last year?
  • The most depressing thing I've seen this year in medicine: A 27-year-old grandmother.
  • I wrote "radio beef" in my note pad. I have no idea what that was supposed to mean. If I remember, I'll update.
  • Best bumper sticker I've ever seen: "Your child may be an honor student, but mine has more chromosomes!"
  • In a couple months, swine flu will go the way of El Nino and SARS.
  • Me "Mrs. P, even after your gastric bypass, you're still gaining weight. You still need to cut back on the snacks, and you should be drinking at least 60 oz. of water every day."
    Mrs. P "60 ounces?! Really? If I drink that much, I won't even be hungry!"
    Me "...yeah, that's kinda how it works."
  • I had a patient named Jorge this morning. The resident pronounced it "Whore-gay." Good try...
  • Later that day, the same resident asked a female patient her name. She said "Yvonne." The resident wrote "Ivan." Seriously, this person is a doctor.

3 comments:

Miss Woods said...

Do you ever tell your patients to call you Brillo?

iamthebrillo said...

No, I usually tell them to call me Sir. Or Your Majesty. But then I'm a dick...

42towels said...

Somehow, I feel that the crossbow thing was also inspired by xkcd. But I cannot make the connection.