22 June 2009

Fuck Kouzmanoff

  • Which one was Prometheus, and which one was Bob? I think the alien is Prometheus, but I'm not sure. [EDIT: I looked into it. They put the names in the intro. Prometheus is labeled under the alien, and Bob is labeled above the caveman. Or, alternatively, Prometheus is labeled to the left of the caveman, and Bob is labeled to the right of the alien. That didn't really clear it up.] [EDIT: If you don't know what I'm talking about, don't worry about it.]
  • Microsoft Word spellcheck recognizes "podcast," but not "audiobook." It also recognizes "spellchecker," but not "spellcheck." Blogger spellcheck doesn't recognize any of those. It doesn't even recognize "Blogger." It does recognize "Microsoft," though. Okay, I'm done.
  • Headline of the week: "Georgia Man Wins Lottery Twice In One Week" If you won the lottery, why the hell would you keep playing the lottery?
  • It's amazing how good I've gotten at pen-twirling during the past few months of medicine.
  • If I unplug my alarm clock, I have to reset the time. If I unplug my laptop, shut off my cell phone, or take the batteries out of my pager, I don't have to reset the time. I don't know what new piece of technology these all share, nor do I know why alarm clocks have been unable to adopt this technology.
  • Pet Peeve: When people add extra letters to a typed comment with intended to be read as long and drawn out. I can tolerate it when it makes phonetical sense (as in "Nooooooo!"). It bugs me when they do it to hard consonants (as in "I need a napppppp"). But it drives me FUCKING nuts when they do it to silent letters (as in "I want to go homeeeeeeee").

3 comments:

a42towels said...

Bob was the caveman. On this you can trust me.
I've been trying to get the knack of pen twirling for the longest time, but I can't do it. Contact juggling looks cooler anyway.

John said...

A backup battery, it's not that new in terms of technology. My alarm clock has a 9v in it, and I can unplug it and it will run on that for an hour or so. It doesn't light up, nor does the alarm go off, but the time stays as well as when my alarm is set. It's pretty damned nifty.

Miss Woods said...

MORE! MORE! MORE! And no "I'm too busy being a doctor excuses". ;)

I hope everything is going okay